Superannuation / SMSF
After the family home, superannuation is the second largest asset of many Australians. Through superannuation, you save and invest money during your working life to fund your retirement. More and more people are realising that they can take control of this very important investment through the use of Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF).
We are ASIC registered Auditor for SMSF.
Accounting Mastery Pty Limited (AM) has a specialised Superannuation team providing a range of services to Trustees and clients wishing to establish and operate an SMSF.
The SMSF Services We Offer:
Accounting Mastery Pty Limited offers specialist superannuation advice in relation to:
- Determining your suitability to SMSFs - our position as and financial planners puts us in a position to provide advice on whether self-managed super is the best choice for you.
- Establishment of your fund - this involves the preparation of a trust deed and necessary tax office application forms.
- Documentation of the fund's investment strategy - choose from a professionally prepared plan where we select the investments or a review of your existing investment strategy. It is important to ensure that investments are made only after considering your overall strategy, with attention paid to the investment's risk and return, diversification, the fund's ability to meet payments as they arise, and whether the investments are at arm's length. Talk to us to discuss advanced investment strategies for your super fund.
- Administration services - the fund will need to record its transactions & prepare financial statements, which need to be audited to ensure it complies with superannuation regulations. We can provide a full service.
- Running an allocated pension - when you retire, you can draw a pension from your super fund to take advantage of valuable tax concessions. Ask us about retirement strategies that can help minimise the tax on your income stream.
- We hold a Certificate of Registration with ASIC as a Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Auditor
Benefits of SMSF:
- Freedom of investment choice - you decide how and where to invest your superannuation funds for the best returns. This can unlock the door to investment options not currently available, such as property, fixed interest, direct shares, wholesale managed funds, derivatives & alternative investments.
- Maximum tax payable on contributions & earnings in an SMSF is 15% (providing the fund complies with regulations).
- Imputation credits on dividends received can reduce the overall tax to be paid, excess credits are refundable.
- SMSF can invest up to 100% in business real property (family business premises owned by members) supported by impartial and in-depth advice.
- Earnings in the pension phase (e.g. allocated pension, account-based pensions) are not taxable
- On retirement, assets can be rolled over into the pension phase & any capital gains on these assets will have 0% tax.
The compliance requirements for Trustees can be extensive and AM can assist in the following areas:
- Provide advice on set up, management, tax matters and compliance
- Set up of the fund and trust deed
- Establishment of a trust for a borrowing arrangement to acquire property
- Provision of minutes and documents regarding the establishment of the fund
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including the operating statement, statement of financial position, notes to financial statements
- Prepare individual member benefits statements including movements and member’s tax components
- Calculate minimum pension payments
- Audit of the fund by an approved SMSF auditor
- Prepare and lodge the fund’s income tax return
- Provide assistance to trustee’s with the preparation of the fund’s investment strategy and their reporting obligations
- Obtain actuarial certificates where required
- Provide pension commencement documentation